Stowe Cargo offers the most indestructible, secure, weathertight, versatile and accessible hard tonneau covers for GMC 2500 trucks in the market
If you are looking for GMC hard tonneau covers than you have lots of options to choose from, it can be very confusing knowing what to look for. With marketing taking front and center at most GMC 2500 hard tonneau cover manufacturers, it’s difficult to sort through the sales puffery and facts so you can make the best decision in terms of which hard tonneau cover is best for your GMC 2500. Let’s try and make heads or tails of the information you will most likely see.
GMC 2500 Hard Tonneau Covers – The Stowe Cargo Approach to Engineering and Designing an Industry Leading Tonneau Cover for Your GMC 2500 Truck Bed
First off, you should look to find hints in the way tonneau cover manufacturers and retailers present and talk about their product. A tonneau cover is a substantial part of your truck once installed, and like your truck, it needs to be engineered, not simply “designed”, “built”, or “manufactured”. At Stowe Cargo our GMC hard tonneau cover, was at it’s inception, engineered to be the industries best GMC hard tonneau cover, just like your truck from GMC. Our core principle right out of the gate was to build a tonneau cover that operated and looked as if it came from the GMC right from the factory floor installed on your truck. OEM grade quality and styling, nothing less would be acceptable.
Once You Decide Your GMC Hard Tonneau Cover is Not Going to be Consumer Grade the Hard Work Begins
The decision to build the industries best tonneau cover and make it GMC quality was easy. Our engineers and executive management team have extensive OEM manufacturing experience, they came from within the automotive manufacturing industry, so they already knew what needed to be done. Let’s take a look!
When it Came to the Stowe 2 in 1 Hard Tonneau Cover for GMC 2500 Trucks With Integrated Toolbox, we Engineered it so you Could Have the Industries Best Hard Tonneau Cover for Your 2500
- GMC 2500 Factory Styling: Must look and feel as if it came off the factory floor from GMC. Our hard tonneau cover is low profile, so it looks as if it were part of the trucks styling, and it’s also perfect for 5th wheel hitches and gooseneck trailers!
- GMC 2500 Form, Fit and Function: Design and engineering must be commensurate with what GMC would accept for quality and durability
- Industry Leading Component Technology: All of the components are engineered not just designed. From the cover material and layering process used to build our nearly indestructible tonneau covers, to our gas strut technology and industry leading 6 bar hinges, to the hinge and strut engineered “package” assembly, to our industry only industrial double bulb gasket sealing technology that in most cases exceeds OEM standards, and our automotive grade locks and locking system, our hard tonneau cover is engineered just like your truck, to stand the test of time and look great throughout its life. Built to Last the Life of Your Truck!
- Industry Leading Sealants and Surface Treatments: We utilize industrial sealants and surface treatments to protect the components, increase longevity, keep your cover looking like new for the life of your truck, and ensure the cover is not only watertight and resistant, but truly weathertight.
Let’s Take a Closer Look at the Components, Finishes, Sealants, and Surface Treatments Engineered into our Hard Tonneau Covers for GMC Trucks, and Why They Differentiate Our GMC 2500 Hard Tonneau Covers From the Rest of the Hard Tonneau Covers Available for 2500s in the Market.
- Our cover is nearly indestructible and made from a proprietary layering of shock absorbent, impact resistant, pliable, and waterproof materials.
- Our industrial gas struts are advanced and offers the ability to withstand greater weight loads that standard consumer grade pistons used in other covers. This use of struts vs. pistons allows us to move the hinges to the outside of the box and tight to the cover reducing the need to place them square in the middle (and in the way) of box access.
- Our industry leading 6 bar hinges are more advanced in design and strength than any of the other hard tonneau cover manufacturers. Not only do we use 6 bars in our hinge as opposed to 2, 3 or 4, we also use a much stronger, and thicker, grade of steel in our hinges, thus allowing us to move the hinge away from truck box access and out of the way on the hard tonneau cover frame itself.
- Not only do we use industrial gas struts instead of consumer grade pistons, and heavy duty industrial 6 bar hinges as opposed to thin 2 or 3 bar hinges, we engineered them into a package unit that includes both in the assembly, allowing for convenient placement out of the way.
- We utilize a double bulb advanced urethane gasket to seal our cover. These are the same type of bulb gaskets you see in the high-end automotive industry. There are no foam gaskets, no single roll gaskets, and no cheap foam being used in any of our sealing technologies. It’s why we are the only hard tonneau cover that can claim we are weathertight and not just water resistant or watertight. Additionally, we are the only hard tonneau cover, perhaps the only tonneau cover that utilizes OEM quality double bulb gasket technology. Not only do we seal the cover with a bulb gasket, we seal the gasket with a second bulb gasket ensuring we have no water or dust penetration into the box. In addition to the construction and technology used in our gaskets we also completely seal the cover all of the way around unlike other vendors. This includes our industry only integrated tool and storage box.
- Our hard tonneau cover technology is comprised of multiple layers of advanced high-performance materials. One of those is an inner layer that is manufactured of high impact, closed cell proprietary material that simply won’t allow our cover to take on moisture like other covers. When you use cheap foam cores that are open cell, the core is susceptible to taking on water and expanding, thus destroying the cover. You see this all of the time with complaints across the internet of covers that started to pull apart at the corners and seams and that is because the water penetrates a weak seal in the cover and enters those open cells and fills them with moisture, then they expand pushing the layers apart. Our closed cell technology mitigates the ability of moisture to penetrate, and swell.
- No hard tonneau cover would be complete without an OEM grade locking system. We at Stowe Cargo take security extremely seriously so we pulled out all of the stops when it came to keeping your stuff safe and sound, not just dry and clean. Our locks are automotive grade push button cylinder locks that allow for easy unlocking and access to the truck box and storage\toolbox. Under the cover our mechanism is a lot like what you would see on the inside of your door on your truck itself, a robust latching mechanism that truly locks your hard tonneau cover down. Other hard tonneau covers simply use a rotary lock with a plastic locking tab, or flimsy sliding rod that certainly meets the definition of “lock” but not the definition of secure. These types of mechanisms are more like the locks on a toolbox in the shop than one in your truck door. One is easy to penetrate one isn’t!
- Our automotive grade cylinder locks are also designed at an angle to ensure ice, sleet, snow or freezing rain won’t freeze you out.
- When it comes to the longevity of our double bulb gaskets, we took no prisoners. After all it’s a clean dry, secure box you are after. We started by using the best material in terms of viscoelasticity, the science of making something elastic with the ability to return to its original shape, thus creating a great seal, while having the ability to return to its previous manufactured state increasing it’s longevity of effective use.
- Our finish applications also use advanced technologies not found on other hard tonneau covers. Our automotive grade double bulb gaskets are treated with a final surface application of a proprietary material process that reduces “stickiness”. In terms of hard tonneau covers, gaskets that stick are problematic, they escalate the deterioration of the gasket and thus its sealing ability. You know that sound you hear when things stick and pull apart, even if so slightly, can be detrimental to the life of your tonneau covers sealing ability. The material process we use to coat our gaskets ensures minimal adherence between the gaskets and their mating surfaces.
The Stowe 2 in 1 Hard Tonneau Cover for the GMC 2500 is Certainly Engineered to Meet the Most Demanding Expectations, but That’s not all! We Have the Industries Only Integrated Storage and Toolbox Under One Seal
When you buy the Stowe 2 in 1 hard tonneau cover you are getting the most indestructible, secure, versatile, weathertight, and accessible hard tonneau cover the market has to offer for your GMC 2500.
First and foremost, we have the only GMC 2500 hard tonneau cover with an integrated built-in storage or toolbox in the industry. Our hard tonneau cover was engineered to be the only cover in the market that has a completely sealed, and dry storage and truck box independent of each other. This is important because the typical scenario has any storage or toolbox as an afterthought that required, or requires, a mating to two disparate pieces of equipment. This un-engineered mating is riddled with issues ranging from leaking joints and seals, to rattles, rusting, bending, twisting and more all leading to poor tonneau cover performance as well as wet, dusty and dirty equipment and belongings. What you need, and Stowe is the only company to deliver on this, is a solution that was engineered from the ground up to have both the hard tonneau cover and a toolbox integrated as one package.
The Stowe 2 in 1 GMC 2500 Hard Tonneau Cover Offers the Most Accessibility for Your 2500 Truck Box
Our hard tonneau cover is extremely low-profile, and so is our toolbox and storage box. This means that reaching into the toolbox is easier with Stowe than with anyone else!
Additionally, the heavy-duty struts and hinges allow for the optimal placement of them out of the way and to the edges and back of the covers. With the Stowe 2 in 1 you don’t have huge pistons resting in the middle of your cover and truck bed interfering with your ability to get into the box.
The Stowe 2 in 1 GMC 2500 Hard Tonneau Cover is the Most Indestructible Hard Tonneau Cover in the Market!
After weather tightness, one of the most important characteristics a hard tonneau cover needs to have is durability, after all isn’t that why you went looking for a hard cover in the first place, you thought it was stronger and more durable that the fold ups, soft covers, or roll ups. We could go on for days about what makes our cover the most durable and indestructible cover in the market, but we would rather show you! Watch the video below to see or infamous sledgehammer test. Please notice we have a very large sledgehammer, a large guy from the manufacturing floor, and we hit the cover in the weak spot, dead center on the cover. Don’t be fooled by other manufacturers that lightly drop a small hammer on the top of the cover on top of the truck bed rail. All that does it test the bed rail durability. Keep them honest and tell them you went to see it hit in the dead center of the cover. Well for now, look at how we perform, it’s amazing!
If you are Looking for the Best Hard Tonneau Cover for Your GMC 2500, Then we Challenge you to Find a Better Cover Than the Stowe 2 in 1 Hard Tonneau Cover!
Call or email us today for more information about availability and delivery or use our dealer locator to find a retailer near you for help in purchasing and installation. Remember Stowe Cargo has you covered!