Tailgating has become a great American pastime. Also known as a tailgate party, tailgating is an event that takes place around the open tailgate of a vehicle and often involves grilling food and consuming soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. While tailgate parties are most often found in the parking lots of stadiums and arenas, they can often be found at picnics, camping sites, family reunions, car shows. The list goes on and on. Most any outdoor event can be enhanced with the fun and comradery of a tailgate party.
Post-game tailgating events are also important to athletic departments, coaches and the parents of student athletes throughout the United States for building support for their programs and teams.
Activities popular at tailgate parties are games such as KanJam, cornhole, ladder golf, Polish horseshoes, Louisville Chugger, Jarts and Sholf. Popular tailgate party foods include picnic fare like hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, coleslaw and potato salad.
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO BRING TO A TAILGATING PARTY:
- Grills, smokers, fryers
- Propane or charcoal and lighter fluid
- Utensils, barbecue tools, mitts, and aprons
- Smaller camping or folding tailgating table for griller or food prep
- Folding tables and chairs for guests
- Cooler and extra ice
- Pre-chilled beverages and frozen bottles of water
- Prepped food for cooking
- Canopy, shade structures, or rain shelters
- Balloons, banners, or signs to make your tailgate party visible
- Heavy duty trash bags (also make great spur of the moment rain ponchos)
- Tailgate games, speakers, and entertainment
- Cleanup items like moist towelettes
MAKING THE TAILGATING EXPERIENCE EVEN MORE ENJOYABLE:
The Stowe 2-in-1 Toolbox and Tonneau cargo management system converts your truck into the perfect tailgating vehicle. First consider the Toolbox. While it provides a clean and dry space to stow cargo, the Toolbox can be filled with ice to convert it to a cooler! The Stowe system is indeed great for work and play! The Toolbox design features drain holes to allow water from melting ice to escape, and the composite material used in its construction acts as an insulator to help slow the melting of ice. Of note, dry ice is a great alternative, as it will evaporate, leaving no water to drain.
The tonneau cover of the 2-in-1 Toolbox and Tonneau cargo management system also plays a role in an enjoyable tailgating experience. First It provides protection for items being transported to and from the event. For example, the tables, chairs, grills, etc. previously. While the locking Toolbox and Tonneau covers provide security for contents in the event the vehicle must be left unattended, such as when going into a stadium to watch the game. If desired, the Tonneau cover is easily removed for clear access to the Toolbox/cooler from the bed of the truck.
LOAD A COOLER LIKE A CHAMP:
- Load cans and bottles in an empty, dry cooler
- Pour ice over the cans and bottles to fill gaps
- Place food on top in watertight bags and containers
HELPFUL COOLER TIPS:
- Use Stowe Toolbox Dividers to separate non-alcoholic beverages from adult beverages (if you are driving please remember to drink responsibly)
- Use additional Dividers to separate food items
- Use crates to transport non-perishables like chips and equipment
- Avoid getting food wet by using ice substitutes, dry ice or frozen water bottles
Tailgating parties are a great way to entertain, build camaraderie and meet new people. We at Stowe are truck people and love a good tailgate party. We are pleased the protection, security, organization and functionality provided by our 2-in-1 Toolbox and Tonneau cargo management system facilitates tailgate parties and makes the experience even more enjoyable.